Lunch for 4 in 30 minutes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 550g asparagus, woody ends removed and sliced, keeping tips
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- Add the oil or butter to a large saucepan.
- Place the pan on gentle heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the spring onions and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft. Stirring often, so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan. Add a little cold water if cooking too quickly.
- Keep a few asparagus tips, blanch them in boiling water for a few seconds, and set them aside for a garnish.
- Add the rest of the asparagus and the hot stock to the pan, stir into the spring onions.
- Bring to simmering point.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and black pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add salt and extra pepper if required.
- Serve in warm bowls with croutons and asparagus tips.