Cauliflower soup may not sound inspiring, but it is an excellent source of vitamins, including vitamin K; it is worth a look. Cauliflower is a good base for a fabulous Indian style soup, which is also on the vegan menu.
It serves up to 4 people and takes 50 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 white onion sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium potato
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- A pinch of salt and pepper and for extra spice, one small green chilli (optional)
- 2 tbsp cream or yoghurt (optional)
- Put the cauliflower florets, onion slices, diced potato in a bowl with the oil, cumin, ginger, garam masala and season. For extra spice, add one finely chopped green finger chilli. Coat all the vegetables in the spice mix. Evenly, spread the vegetables on a baking tray, roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and stock together, blend with a stick blender.
- Season to taste and served with a swirl of yoghurt and croutons or naan on the side.