This week I gave Jamie Oliver's Yorkshire Pudding Recipe a try from his book Happy Days with the Naked Chef
I don't think the Yorkshire Puddings worked out quite as well as Gordon Ramsay's recipe. They rose well but they were a little softer and eggier!
- 285ml/half a pint of semi-skimmed milk
- 115g/4oz plain flour (I always use Bero because my Grandma always did, but it really doesn't matter what brand you use)
- 3 medium eggs
- a pinch of salt
- Sunflower oil
- Mix the batter ingredients together, and put to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C/450 degrees F/gas 8.
- Preheat a Yorkshire Pudding tray with 1cm/half an inch of oil in each section.
- Divide the batter into the tray. Cook for around 30 minutes until crisp - don't open the oven door before then or they won't rise.