When I have friends round for breakfast, I like to bake muffins, and this French toast muffins recipe is perfect, quick and easy, plus delicious served warm with maple syrup. It is also a good recipe for kids to try.
- 3 eggs
- 375 ml full-fat milk
- 75g caster sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g self-rising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10 slices of white bread
- 200g frozen berries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven 189°C/gas 5
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Cut the bread into cubes and add to the mixture.
- Stir in the frozen berries.
- Divide evenly in the muffin tins; I use an ice cream scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, until they are golden on top.
- Leave to cool a few minutes then serve with maple syrup.