Scrambled eggs are just so easy to make and by just adding a slice of smoked salmon it gives the scrambled eggs an extra luxurious appeal.
- 15g butter
- 3 large eggs
- 30ml double cream
- 2 slices sourdough toast buttered
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the cream, salt and freshly ground black pepper and whisk gently.
- Melt the butter in a small heavy-based pan. ( I use a small heavy-based non-stick frying pan)
- Pop your toast in the toaster.
- When the butter is foaming add the egg mixture, stir until the eggs start to cook. (I use a heat resistant spatula as it gets into the corners, though you can use a wooden spoon)
- Take the pan off the heat, as the egg will continue to cook in the pan.
- Your toast should be ready to butter.
- Serve with your hot buttered toast and smoked salmon. My family like it all to be separated on the plate, but you can serve the eggs and smoked salmon directly on top of the toast.
- Add a wedge of lemon.
The perfect Saturday morning breakfast or even Valentine breakfast.
Enjoy Norah X