This is eating candy without any guilt. To make strawberries really standout add a contrasting flavour to them. Tangy balsamic and freshly ground black pepper is the perfect combination, it may sound strange but do try it.
- 2 punnets of strawberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for a least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, double cream or whipped cream.