A favourite combination of a few raw ingredients, asparagus, broccoli, chilli and garlic that is simply delicious served with a cooked steak.
Equipment: Frying pan with lid.
- olive oil
- 200g tender stem broccoli
- 200g asparagus
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- small knob of butter
- toasted almond flakes
- to serve grated lemon zest
- Heat the frying pan until it is smoking.
- Add a splash of olive oil.
- Immediately add the broccoli.
- Saute for a few minutes, then add the asparagus.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Continue to cook over high heat for a further 2 minutes, stir in the garlic and chilli, and 2 tbsp of cold water.
- Pop the lid on.
- Cook until the liquid has evaporated, remove the pan from the heat and squeeze over 1tsp lemon juice, add a little butter and allow to melt, garnish with flaked almonds and serve with a sprinkling of lemon zest.