With summer just around the corner, it will soon be time for homemade tomato soup and this curried tomato soup recipe is simple to make and so delicious.
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 thumb of ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 chilli chopped
- 1/2 ground cumin
- 1/2 ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground Garam Marsala
- 1.2kg skinned, deseeded and chopped tomatoes or 3 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 250ml coconut milk
- finely chopped chives for serving
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and onion, season, and gently sweat until they have started to soften.
- Stir in the spices and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and a cup of water, bring the soup to the boiling point, stirring occasionally.
- Lower the heat and simmer the soup for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and liquidise until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the coconut milk and reheat slowly, do not boil.
- Before serving, check the soup for seasoning.
- Serve with a sprinkle of finely chopped chives.