I just love to eat at Antonio Carluccio's restaurant, my first experience was many years ago in London and one of my favourite dishes is Crema di Funghi Porcini or cream of mushroom soup.
This is my version of Antonio Carluccio's mushroom soup, it is a very quick and easy soup to make and simple to prepare, plus you only need a saucepan, a chopping board, a good preparing knife and if you like a smooth soup a blender. The main ingredients for this soup are wild mushrooms, but I like to get a variety, but even if you use the cheaper mushrooms it is still very good and one of your five per day.
If it is a cold winter's day I serve the soup in mugs with freshly baked bread. It goes especially well with my spicy chilli bread. Even my son will have this soup for lunch.
- 500g mushrooms sliced,
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Heat the oil
- Add the finely chopped onion and cook until soft, then add the mushrooms and saute for 8 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Blend and return the soup to the pan, add the cream, season with salt and pepper, slowly reheat, don’t let it boil, and serve.
- Serve with freshly baked bread.
Enjoy! Norah X
Photo Norah Sleep Living