Baked eggs for breakfast or brunch.
A little dish of spinach, eggs, cream and diced ham. What can go wrong? Serve with sourdough toast.
- 2 eggs
- 100g washed spinach
- 1 slice of diced ham
- 1 tbsp double cream
- Season with salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Heat up a small ramekin or a small oven proof frying pan, in the oven, for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the hot frying pan and add the spinach, leaving a well in the middle of the leaves.
- Scatter over the ham.
- Crack the eggs into the well.
- Add the cream around the side.
- Season well.
- Place in the oven for 6 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
- Serve with warm buttered sourdough.