Fish needs to be spiced up in my family unless it has batter on it; otherwise, it is bland and tasteless. Here is a quick and easy cod recipe and my twist on Jamie Oliver’s Tray Baked Salmon and Fast Roasted Cod.
200g blanched green beans (Runner or French)
20 cherry tomatoes
20 olives - optional (My son doesn't like them)
2 tbs olive oil
4 cod steaks
1 chilli, deseeded and chopped (for extra heat add 1 tsp of chilli flakes)
fresh parsley chopped (Another thumbs down from my son)
1 small jar of anchovy fillets
A twist of salt & black pepper
- Wash and tail the green beans and blanch in boiling salt water for a few minutes, drain and mix with olive oil, olives and finely sliced chillies
- Wash cod steaks, pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Lightly coat with oil and sprinkle with parsley and chilli flakes.
- Preheat oven and roasting tin to 225 C/425 F/gas mark 7.
- Cover the bottom of a baking tray with the beans, tomatoes and olives.
- Place the anchovies over the bean mixture.
- Place cod steaks on top. Add a twist of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with new potatoes or a green salad.
Who needs ready meals, when you've got Jamie Oliver in your kitchen and a little imagination of your own.