If you enjoy making things for your home, this is the perfect crafty challenge, creating a reed defuser for your living room.
I recommend you experiment with different essential oils to get the aroma you like.
For the reed defuser you will need:
- One small empty bottle with an opening that will take the reeds.
- 3 - 5 diffuser reeds.
- 350ml mineral oil. If you want to avoid petroleum use sweet almond oil or safflower instead.
- 30-60 drops of essential oils, using a single oil or mixture to create the perfect aroma for you. You must be careful with essential oils if you have pets as some can be harmful to pets.
- 3 tbsp gin or vodka must be 90-95% alcohol.
- 1 measuring jug with a pouring spout or a funnel that fits in the bottle.
- Once you get the correct aroma mix the gin and oils with the mineral oil and pour into the bottle.
- Pop in the reeds and leave for 24 hours then turn the reed to create more of an aroma in the room.
- It should last around 30 days.