If you are looking for a great start to the day why not try these courgette and feta fritters, especially good with smoked salmon or a poached eggs, or even both. Although, they are just as enjoyable on their own.
Serves 4 people, makes 12 fritters
- 200g source cream
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 2 courgettes
- 2 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g self rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 150g feta cheese diced
- Mix sour cream with chopped coriander, 1/2 tsp of the ground cardamon, sunflower oil, and the lime juice. Season and set aside until you are serving the fritters.
- Grate the courgettes into a bowl, sprinkle with salt and leave for 10 mins to release the water. Wrap the grated courgettes in a clean tea-towel squeeze out the excess water.
- To the grated courgettes add onions, garlic, flour, eggs, the rest of the ground cardamon, lime zest and black pepper.
- Mix well to form a batter, like double cream consistency.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of the batter mix to the hot oil, flatten and cook on both sides until golden, approximately 3 mins on each side. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with smoke salmon, lemon wedges, sour cream and a twist of black pepper. Though they are delicious on their own.