Sometimes I am making a sponge cake, and I don't have a filling handy, so I often use this recipe from Lisa Faulkner's cookbook, quick raspberry jam. All you need is a 350g sterilised jar, 200g Raspberries and 200g caster sugar.
The overall recipe will take around twenty-five minutes to prepare and cook.
- 200g Raspberries
- 200g Caster Sugar
- Pre-heat the oven 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4.
- Using two ovenproof dishes, put the raspberries in one and the sugar in the other.
- Put both dishes on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes.
- The last 5 minutes pop the jar in to warm.
- Remove from the oven and carefully pour the hot sugar into the raspberries.
- Mix until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Immediately spoon into a warm sterilised jar.
- Cover with a wax disc and seal if keeping or leave to cool before using.
- The jam will keep in the fridge for two weeks unsealed, or 8 weeks sealed.
Quick and straightforward: Enjoy!