I have just made the best ever chutney, it is simply delicious and it is so easy to make.
At the moment pineapples seem to be on offer, and I decided to get one to try a recipe I had spotted, Nigella Lawson's pineapple chutney, which turned out to be one of the best chutney recipe's I had ever made and is super delicious served with cold ham or chicken.
It is so simple to make, I suggest you have a go, especially if pineapples are on special offer.
- 1 ripe pineapple peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (Keep 4tbsp of pineapple juice)
- 1 medium cooking apple cored and finely chopped
- 100ml Cider vinegar
- 150g Demerara sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 star-anise
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Put all the ingredients into a heavy pan, bring to boil.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or longer once the contents look jammy
- Cool slightly then put into sterilised jars
I can guarantee it will not last long, especially when used in chicken and mayonnaise sandwiches.
Main Image by