You can enjoy the distinctive taste of Stilton into the New Year with this simple oat biscuit recipe.
- 250g oats
- 65ml cold water
- 120g Stilton cheese
- 60g butter, a little extra for greasing the tray
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven 190°C/gas 5.
- Grease two large baking trays
- Cream together the Stilton cheese and butter in a large bowl.
- Add the oats, flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar, plus the cold water.
- Mix to form a dough.
- Roll the mixture into 16 small balls, press down and shape into a circle.
- Place on the greased trays and dot with a small piece of Stilton cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden and firm.
- Cool before serving with extra cheese.
- The biscuit will keep for a week in a sealed container.