These cheese and bacon turnovers may be as delicious as the famous Greggs, plus you can add your choice of filling. You can use a different cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella, add tomato, remove the onion, use ham rather than bacon. Here I am using Stilton, bacon and onion for the filing. You can also do sweet ones with jam or apple if savoury is not for you, lots of choice and simple to make.
- 500g shop-bought puff pastry
- plain flour for dusting
- 140g Stilton cheese
- 6 rashers of bacon
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven 2000°C/gas 6.
- Lightly flour the board, roll out the pastry and cut into 6 equal size rectangles.
- On each rectangle, diagonally across, add a rasher of bacon, crumble over the Stilton cheese and a little sliced onion.
- Fold over the two side corner.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake on the middle shelf for 15 minutes, until they are golden and crispy.
- Eat warm with a cup of tea.