A breakfast egg with a difference, if you like truffle oil you will enjoy this.
- 2 slice of thick sourdough
- 150 grated hard cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
- Lightly toast the bread on both sides
- Place on a baking sheet, using a 5 cm round cutter cut a shape in the middle of the sourdough.
- Cover the rest of the sourdough with cheese.
- break an egg into the centre and pick the yolk with a folk or pointed knife.
- Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
- Add a couple of drops of truffle oil to the yolk and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.