- Zest and juice of 4 lemons
- 100g pudding rice
- 850ml whole milk
- 60g caster sugar, extra for sprinkling on top
- 25g butter
Serves 4, you will need four ramekin dishes
- Pre-heat the oven 160 degrees C/ gas mark 3.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a large pan.
- Bring to the boil, stir in the lemon juice and butter.
- Put 25g of rice in each ramekin.
- Top each ramekin with milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir each ramekin and pop back into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven up
- 180 degrees C/ gas mark 4.
- Top each ramekin with a sprinkling of sugar and lemon zest.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with a splash of double cream.