A great one pot/bag meal for all the family, I have done this recipe many times with white wine, but taking a look at Joe Wicks Lean In 15 recipe book, to reduce the calories, chicken stock and lemon juice seems to work. Plus the parmesan and pine nuts do add an extra dimension to the taste at the end. Less boring for young people.
Serves 4 people.
You will need 2 large piece of foil and the same size piece of baking parchment for the cooking bag. For this recipe I have used different vegetables and it still works well.
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- handful of thyme and sage leaves
- 60g chorizo, diced
- 12 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 125ml chicken stock
- juice of 2 lemons
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 50g pine nuts
- Preheat the oven 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
- Place the foil on a flat baking tray, then place the parchment on top of the foil.
- Spread the butter in the centre of the parchment, and top with the vegetables, herbs, chorizo and chicken thighs,
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the other piece of foil on top and crimp the edges together leaving a small gap.
- Pour the stock into the gap, and seal.
- Baking in the oven for 40 minutes. Leave for a few minutes before opening.
- Serve with a splash of lemon juice, sprinkle of parmesan and a tossing of pine nuts. A simple family supper!